There were ulterior motives, however. I’m a journalism and french major at Mercer University, which means I enjoy writing (and France, apparently). I also like to think that I’m witty, and that the world needs to hear (or, rather, read) my wit. “La Vie, Selon Emily” means “Life, According to Emily.” Emily, being myself.
Now that that’s out of the way, who is Emily? Funny you should ask, because I’ve made a short list:
- I was raised in the Georgia suburbs on a beautiful little thing they call “sarcasm.” My parents taught me at a young age to appreciate this age-old art, and I like to think I’ve mastered their craft.
- I’m also quite the girly girl: Disney princesses were my childhood, and dressing up is my favorite.
- Despite whatever conclusions you may have drawn from #2, yellow, not pink, is my favorite color.
- I love commas, and feel that I use them too liberally.
- I love thinking and learning new things, and I love making others think and learn new things.
- I am a voracious reader, and I love the word “voracious.”
- I just realized that I’ve used the word “love” entirely too much thus far.
- I sing in the shower. I sing in the car. I pretty much sing a lot, and I like to think I’m decent at it.
- If you give me grape juice, I’ll be your friend. I will also be your friend if you love on me (examples include giving me a hug, rubbing my back or arm, playing with my hair, cuddling with me, etc.).
- I have two mottos in life: Any dress with pockets is a dress worth having, and any man who wears bow ties is a man worth dating (I will acknowledge that there are exceptions to these rules, as with all rules).
- Semi-finally, but most importantly, I am an utterly depraved sinner saved by God’s unfailing grace and love.
I will leave you with this french proverb: “A l’œuvre, on connaît l’artisan.”
P.S. To see a portfolio of my more professional work, visit emilyfarlow.wordpress.com