I have lived 19 years on this earth (20 in November!). I like to think that makes me pretty wise. I’ve accumulated many a life lesson in my 19 long years, and I’ve decided to share a few of them with you. No need to thank me; imparting wisdom is just one of the many things that bring me joy.
- Any dress (or skirt) with pockets is a dress (or skirt) worth having.*
- Likewise, any man who wears bow ties is a man worth dating.*
- Good toilette paper is toilette paper you can’t see through.
- Lip balm is a necessity for life.
- If you don’t know how to do something, look it up on YouTube. You can learn everything on YouTube.
- Naps may well be one of God’s greatest gifts to man.
- Shopping at thrift stores is shopping at its finest.
- Buying books is one of life’s greatest pleasures. Heck, just looking at and touching books (ok… and smelling them) is one of life’s greatest pleasures.
- Shoe shopping is infinitely more fun after a pedicure.
- Waffle House is a college kid’s best (and most delicious) friend. Taco Bell is a close second.
- Johnson’s Baby Cream cures literally everything. Possibly even broken bones.
- You can wear something more than once before it actually needs to be washed.
- Sometimes, if you just shake your clothes out, they really don’t need ironing (Sorry, mother).
- The most satisfying meal is fourthmeal (Not necessarily at Taco Bell. See #10 for my preference).
*These two can be found on the About Emily page.
I’m sure I have more wisdom, but I can’t share everything at once. It’s good to keep people on their toes. What are some quirky life lessons you’ve learned?
À cheval donné on ne regarde pas les dents,